Monday 12 September 2011

An update on Kirby Road/My visit

*For those who don't know the legend of Kirby road, it might be in your best interest to google it and take a quick read*

The eerie tombstone that was seen by
thousands at Kirby road.
Me, my brother and my 2 cousins went to Kirby Road last month and we drove up and down the road for about an hour. We didn't see a thing, we noticed a pair of headlights behind us in the distance and got a bit creeped out, and we didn't know if it was cops. So we pulled into the nearest gas station to pull up this blog with the directions, little did we know the truck also pulled into the gas station and parked a few spots next to us... as I was reading about the red truck, I looked to the truck... and it was red. I then told my cousins not to panic and told them what I had just read. The window's were rolled down in the truck, and it had two older men in it. One of them got out and went inside. It was really scary but it was the only thing that happened at Kirby road.

We decided to go back in the afternoon the next day to get a better look... and still nothing. Finally, we saw an area that had a little gate that said "no trespassing". We saw a van drive in before us, but we thought it was more people just looking around... So I parked to the side, and my brother got out and went passed the gate. While me and my cousins were waiting for him, an older man in a car drove in and gave us the absolute dirtiest look possible. And then it turned into a scene straight from a horror movie. We tried calling my brother, no answer.

So finally my brother comes back (maybe 5-7 minutes later). Turns out, he was bonding with the guy who now owns the property. Apparently he was really rude at first and asked him if we were coming to vandalize and that he would call the cops. My brother told him that we just wanted to look and that we wouldn't touch a thing. Once he realized we didn't mean any harm he got really nice. He says that he always has to call the cops and kick people out. Apparently he said he's been there for quite a few years and hasn't seen "any shit". I do believe he also said he removed the tombstone. He allowed my brother to look at what was left of the barn, and my brother said that it was a huge "waste of time" and that there was a single broken chair inside and that's it.

Not sure what's going on at Kirby Rd. But it seems like they are trying to stop all the attention. I am heading back down there probably Friday night just out of curiousity. Probably won't go on the property since a) don't want to piss anyone off or get into trouble and b) there isn't really anything there anymore.

Hope you guys enjoyed the update. :)
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment